\ Love & Hip Hop Atlanta • Erica Mena • Racism • Spice • Discrimination .....
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta: Erica Mena Calls Out Racism and Discrimination
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta star Erica Mena is calling out racism and discrimination in the entertainment industry. In a recent interview, Mena said that she has experienced both racism and discrimination throughout her career, and that it is a problem that needs to be addressed.
"I've been told that I'm not pretty enough because I'm black," Mena said. "I've been told that I'm not good enough because I'm a woman. I've been told that I'm not smart enough because I'm from the Bronx. And I'm done with it."
Mena's comments come after a season of Love & Hip Hop Atlanta that has been marked by controversy. In one episode, Mena was confronted by fellow cast member Spice, who accused her of being a racist. Mena denied the accusation, but the incident sparked a conversation about racism and discrimination in the entertainment industry.
"I think it's important to have these conversations," Mena said. "We need to start talking about the racism and discrimination that exists in our industry, so that we can start to make a change."
Mena is not the only Love & Hip Hop Atlanta star who has spoken out about racism and discrimination. In the past, stars such as Joseline Hernandez and Stevie J have also spoken about their experiences.
"I think it's important for people to know that they are not alone," Mena said. "If you are experiencing racism or discrimination, know that you are not alone. There are people who understand what you're going through, and there are people who want to help."
Mena's comments are a reminder that racism and discrimination are still problems in the entertainment industry. It is important to have these conversations so that we can start to make a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment